I was having dizziness through out the day especially worse in the evenings. Went to an ENT after the brain MRI. It appears that it is my ear problem. Was given Betaserc 24 and i took it for 3 months. The following is what i suffered after taking the tablet:
(1) Severe headache every day, had to lie down. Sometime sharp shooting pains in the head even during sleep
(2) Nausea and Vomiting sensation, could eat. Lost 8 kgs in 3 months
(3) Muscle aches all over, sometimes even cramps at nite
(4) Couldnt go into cold areas especially supermarket because will start shivering
(5) Eye cannot focus and eye ball pain
(6) Cannot drive or sit in the car.
Stopped the medication now for 2 months. Feel much better with the dizziness not so bad as before. Can drive and nausea off and on. I rather suffer the ear problem than to take this stupid medication. It made my problems worst. When i asked the ENT on the next follow-up, he just smile and said it is the side effects of the tablet. He also told me the ear problem can never be cured and will only get worst as you grow older. Do the following to avoid getting worst:
(1) Do not listen to loud and crazy music, listen soft soothing ones
(2) Avoid discos totally. That is the place you pick up the problem in the first place
(3) Avoid late nites, sleep early (about 1030pm latest) and go for walks early morning (not evening because of your ear problem).
(4) Close your eyes and rest your mind whenever you feel the symptoms, it will subside after a few minutes.
Like someone posted earlier, let you brains learn and adapt to the change in your ear. Like it or not most of will have the problem once we reach 55 years and above. So slow down and change your life style. Food wise avoid or reduce the amount of chilli, garlic, onion and sour ones especially reduce intake of Nasi Lemak and Spicy food. Once in a while is ok but too much and your ears will go.
I am not a doctor but i am the suffering patient who has gone through all this. Frankly, I have lost confidence in doctors in Malaysia especially ENTs. I spent about 9K (including scoping my intestines and stomach) just find there is nothing wrong except my ears and that cannot be cured. Avoid medication because you will have to take this continuously until you die. The problem will come back after sometime and it will be worst than before. Let your brain take care, learn to live with it.