Duodart Fall Causes and Reviews
Falls can be dangerous at any age. Babies and young children can get hurt Falling off furniture or down the stairs. Older children may Fall off playground equipment. For elderly people, Falls can be especially serious. They are at higher risk of Falling. They are also more likely to break a bone when they Fall, especially if they have osteoporosis. A broken bone, especially when it is a hip, may even lead to disability and a loss of independence for the elderly.
Some common causes of Falls include
- Balance problems
- Some medicines, which can make you feel dizzy, confused, or slow
- Vision problems
- Alcohol, which can affect your balance and reflexes
- Muscle weakness, especially in your legs, which can make it harder for you to get up from a chair or keep your balance when walking on an uneven surface.
- Certain illnesses, such as low blood pressure, diabetes, and neuropathy
- Slow reflexes, which make it hard to keep your balance or move out of the way of a hazard
- Tripping or slipping due to loss of footing or traction
At any age, people can make changes to lower their risk of Falling. It important to take care of your health, including getting regular eye exams. Regular exercise may lower your risk of Falls by strengthening your muscles, improving your balance, and keeping your bones strong. And you can look for ways to make your house safer. For example, you can get rid of tripping hazards and make sure that you have rails on the stairs and in the bath. To reduce the chances of breaking a bone if you do Fall, make sure that you get enough calcium and vitamin D.
NIH: National Institute on Aging
Duodart Fall Reviews
|Mon, 18 Nov 2013 |
I used Duodart for a painful prostate which I have had on and off for 20 years. I took this medication for approx 4.5 months. Duodart was successful in stopping the pain for which I am thankful, but I had two side effects that I am not happy with.
1. shrunk My testicles, not a lot but noticeable.
2. The muscles in my throat relaxed to such an extent that I had very painful acid reflux come up into my mouth whilst sleeping resulting in burning of my mouth and throat. This was enough for me to stop taking Duodart.