Effexor Nightmare Side Effect Reports
The following Effexor Nightmare side effect reports were submitted by healthcare professionals and consumers.
This information will help you understand how side effects, such as Nightmare, can occur, and what you can do about them.
A side effect could appear soon after you start Effexor or it might take time to develop.
This Nightmare side effect was reported by a consumer or non-health professional from US. A 61-year-old female patient (weight:NA) experienced the following symptoms/conditions: depression. The patient was prescribed Effexor Xr (dosage: 75mg In The Morning And 150mg In Evening), which was started on NS. Concurrently used drugs: NA. When starting to take Effexor Xr the consumer reported the following symptoms:
|Panic Attack, Nightmare, Headache, Glycosylated Haemoglobin Increased, Hypertension, Off Label Use|
This Nightmare Effexor Xr side effect was reported by a consumer or non-health professional from US on Feb 10, 2014. A Female , 49 years of age, weighting 228.0 lb, was diagnosed with
|Nightmare, Hallucination, Dizziness|
This is a Effexor Xr side effect report of a 52-year-old female patient (weight:NA) from US, suffering from the following symptoms/conditions: attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder,depression,thyroid disorder, who was treated with Effexor Xr (dosage:150 Mg, 1x/day, start time: NS), combined with: NA., and developed a serious reaction and a Nightmare side effect. The patient presented with:
|Anxiety, Nightmare, Anger, Feeling Abnormal, Hyperhidrosis, Tremor|
A 35-year-old female patient (weight: NA) from US with the following symptoms: anxiety,depression started Effexor treatment (dosage: NA) on 2011. Soon after starting Effexor treatment, the consumer experienced several side effects, including:
|Completed Suicide, Suicidal Ideation, Anxiety, Nervousness, Headache, Negative Thoughts, Nightmare, Abdominal Pain|
A patient from FR was prescribed and started Effexor Lp on Dec 10, 2013. Patient felt the following Effexor side effects: completed suicide, suicidal ideation, anxiety, nervousness, headache, negative thoughts, nightmare, abdominal pain Additional patient health information: male , 23 years of age, The consumer reported the following symptoms: was diagnosed with
|Completed Suicide, Anxiety, Nightmare|
This report suggests a potential Effexor Lp Nightmare side effect(s) that can have serious consequences. A 23-year-old patient from FR (weight:NA) was diagnosed with the following health condition(s): NA and used Effexor Lp (dosage: Unk) starting NS. Soon after starting Effexor Lp the patient began experiencing various side effects, including:
|Aneurysm, Ecchymosis, Nightmare, Aggression|
An adverse event was reported by a consumer or non-health professional on Feb 11, 2013 by a Female taking Effexor (dosage: Unk) was diagnosed with
Associated medications used:
|Withdrawal Syndrome, Weight Increased, Nightmare, Alopecia, Nasopharyngitis, Pain, Body Temperature Increased, Influenza Like Illness, Fatigue|
This Nightmare problem was reported by a consumer or non-health professional from US. A 53-year-old female patient (weight: NA) was diagnosed with the following medical condition(s): depression,hypersensitivity.On NS a consumer started treatment with Effexor Xr (dosage: 150 Mg, 2x/day). The following drugs/medications were being taken at the same time:
|Chondropathy, Fall, Nerve Compression, Arthralgia, Scoliosis, Activities Of Daily Living Impaired, Nightmare|
This is a Effexor Xr side effect report of a 72-year-old female patient (weight: NA) from US. The patient developed the following symptoms/conditions: depression and was treated with Effexor Xr (dosage: 75 Mg, 3x/day) starting 2013. Concurrently used drugs:
|Depression, Malaise, Fatigue, Somnolence, Anxiety, Nightmare, Flashback|
This Nightmare side effect was reported by a physician from CA on Jan 23, 2013. A patient from CA , 63 years of age, was diagnosed with
|Vomiting, Pain, Irritability, Dizziness, Anger, Nightmare, Nausea|
This Nightmare side effect was reported by a consumer or non-health professional from UNITED STATES. A patient (weight:NA) experienced the following symptoms/conditions: NA. The patient was prescribed Effexor Xr (dosage: 150 Mg, Daily), which was started on Jun 01, 2012. Concurrently used drugs:
This Nightmare Effexor side effect was reported by a consumer or non-health professional from UNITED STATES on Jun 05, 2012. A Female , weighting 150.0 lb, was diagnosed with
|Nightmare, Stress, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Bronchitis, Abnormal Dreams, Feeling Abnormal, Emotional Disorder, Oropharyngeal Plaque|
This is a Effexor side effect report of a female patient (weight:NA) from UNITED STATES, suffering from the following symptoms/conditions: anxiety,dyspnoea, who was treated with Effexor (dosage:Unk, start time: Jan 24, 2012), combined with:
|Headache, Abnormal Dreams, Insomnia, Withdrawal Syndrome, Nausea, Nightmare, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain Upper|
A patient (weight: NA) from UNITED STATES with the following symptoms: depression,bipolar disorder started Effexor treatment (dosage: NA) on Jan 01, 2009. Soon after starting Effexor treatment, the consumer experienced several side effects, including:
|Hallucination, Visual, Nightmare|
A female patient from IRELAND was prescribed and started Effexor Xr on Jan 25, 2012. After Effexor was administered, patient encountered several Effexor side effects: hallucination, visual, nightmare Additional patient health information: Female , 22 years of age, weighting 176.4 lb, The consumer reported the following symptoms: was diagnosed with
|Hyperhidrosis, Paraesthesia, Anxiety, Balance Disorder, Dizziness, Mood Swings, Suicidal Ideation, Nightmare|
This report suggests a potential Effexor Xr Nightmare side effect(s) that can have serious consequences. A 38-year-old female patient from UNITED STATES (weight:NA) was diagnosed with the following health condition(s): depression and used Effexor Xr (dosage: 1) starting Jul 05, 2001. Soon after starting Effexor Xr the patient began experiencing various side effects, including:
An adverse event was reported by a consumer or non-health professional on Dec 19, 2011 by a Female taking Effexor Xr (dosage: 75 Mg (two 37.5 Mg), Daily) was diagnosed with
|Cerebrovascular Accident, Weight Decreased, Panic Attack, Vertigo, Crying, Dizziness, Feeling Hot, Dry Skin, Nightmare|
This Nightmare problem was reported by a physician from CANADA. A 61-year-old patient (weight: NA) was diagnosed with the following medical condition(s): anxiety,blood pressure.On Jan 01, 2007 a consumer started treatment with Effexor (dosage: NA). The following drugs/medications were being taken at the same time:
|Memory Impairment, Dysgraphia, Mental Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Nightmare, Aphasia|
This is a Effexor side effect report of a female patient (weight: NA) from UNITED STATES. The patient developed the following symptoms/conditions: depression,asthma and was treated with Effexor (dosage: NA) starting Jan 01, 2010. Concurrently used drugs:
|Arthralgia, Panic Attack, Nightmare, Withdrawal Syndrome, Dizziness, Body Temperature Increased, Tremor, Palpitations, Oedema|
This Nightmare side effect was reported by a consumer or non-health professional from CANADA on Aug 24, 2011. A patient from CANADA , 63 years of age, was diagnosed with
Multiple prescriptions taken:
Effexor Nightmare Causes and Reviews
What is sleep?
Sleep is a complex biological process. While you are sleeping, you are unconscious, but your brain and body functions are still active. They are doing a number of important jobs that help you stay healthy and function at your best. So when you don't get enough quality sleep, it does more than just make you feel tired. It can affect your physical and mental health, thinking, and daily functioning.What are sleep disorders?
Sleep disorders are conditions that disturb your normal sleep patterns. There are more than 80 different sleep disorders. Some major types include
- Insomnia - being unable to fall asleep and stay asleep. This is the most common sleep disorder.
- Sleep apnea - a breathing disorder in which you stop breathing for 10 seconds or more during sleep
- Restless leg syndrome (RLS) - a tingling or prickly sensation in your legs, along with a powerful urge to move them
- Hypersomnia - being unable to stay awake during the day. This includes narcolepsy, which causes extreme daytime sleepiness.
- Circadian rhythm disorders - problems with the sleep-wake cycle. They make you unable to sleep and wake at the right times.
- Parasomnia - acting in unusual ways while falling asleep, sleeping, or waking from sleep, such as walking, talking, or eating
Some people who feel tired during the day have a true sleep disorder. But for others, the real problem is not allowing enough time for sleep. It's important to get enough sleep every night. The amount of sleep you need depends on several factors, including your age, lifestyle, health, and whether you have been getting enough sleep recently. Most adults need about 7-8 hours each night.What causes sleep disorders?
There are different causes for different sleep disorders, including
- Other conditions, such as heart disease, lung disease, nerve disorders, and pain
- Mental illnesses, including depression and anxiety
Sometimes the cause is not known.
There are also some factors that can contribute to sleep problems, including
- Caffeine and alcohol
- An irregular schedule, such as working the night shift
- Aging. As people age, they often get less sleep or spend less time in the deep, restful stage of sleep. They are also more easily awakened.
The symptoms of sleep disorders depend on the specific disorder. Some signs that you may have a sleep disorder include that
- You regularly take more than 30 minutes each night to fall asleep
- You regularly wake up several times each night and then have trouble falling back to sleep, or you wake up too early in the morning
- You often feel sleepy during the day, take frequent naps, or fall asleep at the wrong times during the day
- Your bed partner says that when you sleep, you snore loudly, snort, gasp, make choking sounds, or stop breathing for short periods
- You have creeping, tingling, or crawling feelings in your legs or arms that are relieved by moving or massaging them, especially in the evening and when trying to fall asleep
- Your bed partner notices that your legs or arms jerk often during sleep
- You have vivid, dreamlike experiences while falling asleep or dozing
- You have episodes of sudden muscle weakness when you are angry or fearful, or when you laugh
- You feel as though you cannot move when you first wake up
To make a diagnosis, your health care provider will use your medical history, your sleep history, and a physical exam. You may also have a sleep study (polysomnogram). The most common types of sleep studies monitor and record data about your body during a full night of sleep. The data includes
- Brain wave changes
- Eye movements
- Breathing rate
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate and electrical activity of the heart and other muscles
Other types of sleep studies may check how quickly you fall asleep during daytime naps or whether you are able to stay awake and alert during the day.What are the treatments for sleep disorders?
Treatments for sleep disorders depend on which disorder you have. They may include
- Good sleep habits and other lifestyle changes, such as a healthy diet and exercise
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or relaxation techniques to reduce anxiety about getting enough sleep
- CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine for sleep apnea
- Bright light therapy (in the morning)
- Medicines, including sleeping pills. Usually, providers recommend that you use sleeping pills for a short period of time.
- Natural products, such as melatonin. These products may help some people, but are generally for short-term use. Make sure to check with your health care provider before you take any of them.
Effexor Nightmare Reviews
|Wed, 02 Dec 2009|
|Effexor amp; Pristiq is poison - I would know, I started taking it at 16 yrs old, instead of counselling I was given Effexor by a 'psychiatrist drug dealer' I was never offered counselling. I spent of $25,000 on this medication in my lifetime. Discontinuation Syndrome has been my worst Nightmare. The brain zaps are disgusting. I wish I could get all of the people who hate venlafaxine together to sue these pharmaceutical companies. They have earnt billions of dollars off the suffering of us and we are the only ones who pay.|