Meptin Restlessness Side Effect Reports
The following Meptin Restlessness side effect reports were submitted by healthcare professionals and consumers.
This information will help you understand how side effects, such as Restlessness, can occur, and what you can do about them.
A side effect could appear soon after you start Meptin or it might take time to develop.
|Hallucination, Abnormal Behaviour, Restlessness, Hyperacusis|
This Restlessness side effect was reported by a physician from JAPAN. A 8-year-old patient (weight:NA) experienced the following symptoms/conditions: NA. The patient was prescribed Meptin (dosage: NA), which was started on Feb 01, 2011. Concurrently used drugs:
Meptin Restlessness Causes and Reviews
For most adults, moderate alcohol use is probably not harmful. However, about 18 million adult Americans have an alcohol use disorder (AUD). This means that their drinking causes distress and harm. It includes alcoholism and alcohol abuse.
Alcoholism, or alcohol dependence, is a disease that causes
- Craving - a strong need to drink
- Loss of control - not being able to stop drinking once you've started
- Physical dependence - withdrawal symptoms
- Tolerance - the need to drink more alcohol to feel the same effect
With alcohol abuse, you are not physically dependent, but you still have a serious problem. The drinking may cause problems at home, work, or school. It may cause you to put yourself in dangerous situations, or lead to legal or social problems.
Another common problem is binge drinking. It is drinking about five or more drinks in two hours for men. For women, it is about four or more drinks in two hours.
Too much alcohol is dangerous. Heavy drinking can increase the risk of certain cancers. It can cause damage to the liver, brain, and other organs. Drinking during pregnancy can harm your baby. Alcohol also increases the risk of death from car crashes, injuries, homicide, and suicide.
You may have an AUD if you can answer yes to two or more of these questions:
In the past year, have you
- Ended up drinking more or for a longer time than you had planned to?
- Wanted to cut down or stop drinking, or tried to, but couldn't?
- Spent a lot of your time drinking, or recovering from drinking?
- Felt a strong need to drink?
- Found that drinking - or being sick from drinking - often interfered with your family life, job, or school?
- Kept drinking even though it was causing trouble with your family or friends?
- Given up or cut back on activities that you enjoyed just so you could drink?
- Gotten into dangerous situations while drinking or after drinking? Some examples are driving drunk and having unsafe sex.
- Kept drinking even though it was making you feel depressed or anxious? Or when it was adding to another health problem?
- Had to drink more and more to feel the effects of the alcohol?
- Had withdrawal symptoms when the alcohol was wearing off? They include trouble sleeping, shakiness, irritability, anxiety, depression, Restlessness, nausea, and sweating. In severe cases, you could have a fever, seizures, or hallucinations.
If you have any of these symptoms, your drinking may already be a cause for concern. The more symptoms you have, the more serious the problem is. If you think you might have an AUD, see your health care provider for an evaluation. Your provider can help make a treatment plan, prescribe medicines, and if needed, give you treatment referrals.
NIH: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
Meptin Restlessness Reviews
|Wed, 16 Feb 2011|
|My 12 year old daughter is coughing a lot due to an upper respiratory infection. I had Meptin and I accidently read the dosage wrong and gave her 20ml which is 4 teaspoons. I gave her twice the amount she should have.|
|Wed, 05 Oct 2011|
|My 6 y/o daughter was given Meptin and zinnat for her cough, cold, and otitis media. After 3 days that she's off the medications, she started to have cough and cough cold again. Can i give her Meptin again.|
|Wed, 19 Oct 2011|
|hi, everytime my 12 year old child has a cough i give him a Meptin syrup every morning and sometimes in the evening... but still his cough didnt gone... every morning he still has a cough... is Meptin has a steroid? is it ok to take Meptin syrup together with cherifer pgm? tnx|