Ospamox Hypersensitivity Side Effect Reports
The following Ospamox Hypersensitivity side effect reports were submitted by healthcare professionals and consumers.
This information will help you understand how side effects, such as Hypersensitivity, can occur, and what you can do about them.
A side effect could appear soon after you start Ospamox or it might take time to develop.
|Hypersensitivity, Choking Sensation, Local Swelling, Lip Swelling, Cough, Pruritus, Erythema|
This Hypersensitivity side effect was reported by a health professional from HR. A 32-year-old female patient (weight:NA) experienced the following symptoms/conditions: acute tonsillitis,hypothyroidism. The patient was prescribed Ospamox (dosage: NA), which was started on Jan 07, 2006. Concurrently used drugs:
Ospamox Hypersensitivity Causes and Reviews
An allergy is a reaction by your immune system to something that does not bother most other people. People who have allergies often are sensitive to more than one thing. Substances that often cause reactions are
- Dust mites
- Mold spores
- Pet dander
- Insect stings
Normally, your immune system fights germs. It is your body's defense system. In most allergic reactions, however, it is responding to a false alarm. Genes and the environment probably both play a role.
Allergies can cause a variety of symptoms such as a runny nose, sneezing, itching, rashes, swelling, or asthma. Allergies can range from minor to severe. Anaphylaxis is a severe reaction that can be life-threatening. Doctors use skin and blood tests to diagnose allergies. Treatments include medicines, allergy shots, and avoiding the substances that cause the reactions.
NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Ospamox Hypersensitivity Reviews
|Mon, 21 Mar 2011|
skin rash, throat sore...itching
|Wed, 26 Oct 2011|
|11 year age chaild first dose|
|Sat, 02 Jan 2010|
|does Ospamox aggrivate hemroids? :-[|
|Mon, 25 Apr 2011|
|My child 20 month old got Ospamox to treat sore throat. After taking it for a few days she started to loose control over one of her legs. Her foot moved into a position as is is seen with the physically disabled, turned in, and she was not able to stand on it correctly. I was told it might be caused by the virus itself. We decided we do not dare to give the med again, the next day she was ok, the food back to normal luckily. It was really scary, and not confirmed officially that it was caused by the medication, but I beleive it was.|
|Wed, 26 Oct 2011|